ADDING ZYPCOM MODEMS TO MICROSOFT REMOTE ACCESS SERVICE RAS
rev 7/29/96 Patrick Korz
The following instructions are provided to install support for Zypcom modems [Z32b-SX/SE, Z32t-SX/SE and Z34-SX/SE/RX] in Microsoft Windows NT or Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Remote Access Service. It may also be helpful to refer to the Remote Access On-line Help topic "All About Modems" or Appendix E of the Remote Access Service User's manual for a more detailed understanding of modem scripts and the MODEM.INF file.
1. Open the file named MS_RAS.TXT using a text editor such as Microsoft's Notepad.
2. Select and copy the entire contents of the file using the Edit copy command.
3. Open the MODEM.INF file supplied by Microsoft with Remote Access Service using the text editor (MS Write with no conversion). For Windows NT this file is located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RAS directory. Windows for Workgroup users will find the MODEM.INF file located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.
4. Use the Edit paste command to paste the contents of the clipboard containing the Zypcom script into the MODEM.INF file. Microsoft recommends that this new section be added at the end of the MODEM.INF file. Check the MAXCONNECTBPS parameter in this file, if your computer does not have fast serial ports (16550 UART) change MAXCONNECTBPS=57600 for lower DTE speed.
5. Save and close the MODEM.INF file.
6. From the Windows Control Panel for networks, select RAS, and click on Configure (or double click on RAS), from Configure select [Zypcom Z34-SX or appropriate modem] as your installed modem.
7. From the System Administrator stop RAS then restart RAS. This Will allow the configuration selection to take effect.
DISTRIBUTORS ONLY | WARRANTY REGISTRATION | GUEST BOOK | HOME