How to install ZYPCOM modems under
Windows95/98/ME/NT4.0 with updated Information file "mdmzyp.inf".
Click on W95/98/ME/NT Start
2. Go to Setting/Control Panel menu and click
3. Double click on Modems icon; Click on button Add
4. Select "Don't detect my modem ..." ; then click on Next
5. Click on Have Disk
6. Set the path to your "mdmzyp.inf" file (probably a:\)
7. Click OK once you have selected the path to mdmzyp.inf
8. Select your modem from the list; Then click on Next
9. Select your Communication Port (probably Com 2 if you have a mouse on Com
10. Click on Next; Click on Finish
11. Go to Properties button on the modems Properties Screen
12. Check if maximum speed is 115200; (change the speed to 115200) and Click
13. Click on Close
14. To check if the modem has been installed correctly use Hyper Terminal
15. Start Hypertrm.exe (Start/Programs/Accessories/HyperTerminal)
16. Enter a new name for connection. (e.g. Test)
17. Set a Phone number (the number won't be used for dialing, set e.g. 3),
then click OK.
18. Set Cancel button on a connection dialog.
19. Type AT<cr> (<cr> stands for the Enter key)
20. Modem should respond OK.
21. Go to File menu and select Exit
COMPANY INFO | WHATS NEW | SALES
INFO | PRODUCT INFO | SERVICE & SUPPORT
DISTRIBUTORS ONLY | WARRANTY REGISTRATION | GUEST BOOK | HOME
29400 Kohoutek Way, Suite 170
Union City, CA 94587-1212
Tel: 510-324-2501 Fax: 510-324-2414